Okay, I'm pretty excited about this.
I'm working on Algebra Cyphers and I made some nice progress today. Well, nice for a day when I'm sick.
I'm going through each of the puzzles and (for some reason) I have better ideas now than when I first wrote them. The new stage 5 is one of my best puzzles so far.
Also I've broken the stages up into 3 levels with 6 stages each. And I've included the pips for levels and stages. I don't have an end of the level celebration yet, but those usually aren't too bad to write.
There are some interface issues. I've added direct keys functions to the game. But when a tile is already there, the selection disappears. I've included hitting enter for the check and next buttons, but if they are sliding in, they slide out at an angle.
But so far, so good.
ChatGPT has been helpful, but I can see these puzzles are on the edge of its current capabilities. By the time teachers might use this for a class, it might be good enough at it that there is an issue. I think these puzzles are interesting enough to justify putting in the time, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment