Still work on my rewrite of Venn Diagrams. Most of the game mechanics are in good shape.
The next things to do:
- Catch repeated errors.
- Make random repetitions half as likely.
- Put in current level details.
- Add new levels. Especially from the last Venn Diagram Type.
The new puzzles should have
1. The primary spots already populated with example tiles, for instance 2, 3, 5.
2. The secondary spots already populated with example tiles, for instance 6, 15, 10.
Students in my Astronomy class meantioned that the last puzzle took a long time to get done. In one way this is good because it means that the puzzle (or the extra credit) is engaging enough to make the puzzle worth working on. But I think it will help, and authentically help, if there are puzzles leading up to this with examples of how the diagram functions.
I think I'll break the stages up into my usual 3 levels with 6 stages each, so 18 total puzzles. And if the students name is displayed at the end of level screen, then teachers could use a screen shot of this for a smaller assignment or partial credit.
Also...
Students weren't able to find the videos that showed how the games were played. I need to restructure the website so that there is a page for each puzzle that has the puzzle, a video, and maybe a written explanation.

No comments:
Post a Comment